New Beauty Faves // August.
Since I’m always testing new products and experimenting with my skincare, beauty, hair & nails routine (I’m a bit of a product junkie!), New Beauty Faves is my way of letting you know what’s been tried & tested and has landed on my radar as a new favorite:
- Luzern Urban Protect Micellar Water: I’ve been switching things up a bit and using micellar water in the morning instead of cleansing with a traditional face wash and I love how gentle this option from Luzern is while still cleaning really well. It’s always a bit of a shock to see how much dirt and oil the cotton pad picks up although my face is makeup free after a double cleanse in the evening before bed, and it leaves my face feeling very clean and hydrated.
- Urban Decay Chill Makeup Setting Spray: The heat has been no joke in New York and I’ve introduced a setting spray to my makeup routine to keep my face from melting off while I wait for the subway to/from my way to work each day. Urban Decay has always been known for their amazing setting sprays and this one has the added benefit of a cooling time-release to keep your makeup in place throughout the day.
- Ouai Volumizing Hairspray: I’m into a messy hair look right now and have been using Ouai’s new Volumizing Hairspray to set my curls after quickly using my flat iron to create beachy waves and add some serious oomph. It’s one of those do it all products that works as a typical hairspray to set your style, but also adds volume that lasts AND has a heat protectant element to it to prevent damage as you style.
- Jergens Natural Glow Wet Skin Moisturizer: There have not been any beach days in my summer (yet) and I’ve been faking a glow with the help of Jergens Natural Glow Wet Skin Moisturizer after each shower. It’s really easy to apply and doesn’t rub off on your towels, adding just a little bit of tan without streaks or looking orange.
- Kristin Ess Air Dry Creme: With the heat I’ve also been air drying my hair more often than I was in SF and I was struggling with my hair being too ‘fluffy’ when clean and air dried, so I decided to give Kristin Ess’ air dry creme a shot after liking a few of her other products. A little bit goes a long way and it adds some grit and texture to freshly washed hair to help it dry well with your hair’s natural texture.
- Algenist Genius Liquid Collagen: I’ve been working to find the right balance in my skincare routine between simple and consistent, and effective to keep my skin from freaking out about too many products, yet add some anti-aging products to the mix because… #thisisthirty. I’ve been enjoying Algenist’s Collagen serum because it moisturizes and adds bounce and glow to your skin for a more youthful complexion (especially great when you’re tired/traveling!)
- Sand & Sky Australian Pink Clay Mask: I’m a sucker for a face mask and have added this clay mask to my usual rotation to absorb excess dirt and oil from the heat and humidity. I love that it comes with its own little brush for easy application and really tightens up pores in only 10 minutes.
- Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Oil: Recently I made the switch from using a night moisturizer to only my usual serums + a face oil and my skin has some serious glow to it now, with less moisturizer needed in the morning before I apply my makeup. I’ve been a huge fan of Drunk Elephant for years and while I’ve dabbled with their face oil, I never gave it a real shot and guys, it’s good. A little bit goes a long way and it’s also great for flights to keep skin from getting dried out, plus it’s a multi-tasker and also is amazing on cuticles!
- BeautyRX Advanced 10% Exfoliating Pads: Exfoliation is a really important part of my skincare routine to help unclog my pores for smoother, clearer skin and I love how easy these BeautyRX pads make it to quickly exfoliate with the help of glycolic acid, plus they’re great for travel since you don’t have to worry about packing a physical exfoliant, or a toner and cotton pads!
- Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in ‘Lucky’: While I don’t typically wear much eye makeup, I do like to add a little something to my usual makeup routine if I’m going out at night and this copper colored eyeliner from Urban Decay adds just a little hint of metallic for a glowy look.
- The Body Shop Almond Milk Body Yogurt: I haaaaate the feel of greasy lotion, especially during the summer months and I’ve been loving The Body Shop’s new body yogurt line because of its gel-like consistency and quick absorption. The Almond Milk scent is light and subtle, and the lotion leaves your skin feeling really soft and smooth, especially great for bare legs.
Did you find any new beauty faves this month? What are some of your go to products? Any recommendations for me?
PS. You can check out past New Beauty Faves here!